A Medical Officer (MO) is required to assist the Capita Lead Clinician in delivering recruiting medicals, appeals and clinical leadership.
The post-holder will report to:
Pirbright MO will report to the Lead Clinician for day to day matters but line management will be through Deputy Chief Medical Officer based in Upavon, Wiltshire.
* Conduct clinical work, including face-to-face medical assessments and paperwork screening and appeals (80% of the time)
* Assist the Lead Clinician with the management of employed, sessional and network clinicians on the RPP project, including but not limited to:
o Training, governance and performance of the clinicians (20% of the time)
*Assist the lead Clinician with the coaching clinical staff to meet the productivity, quality and outcome measures to meet business objectives
* Deputise for the Lead Clinical during any absences.
* Help to identify resource needs and assist Lead Clinician and DCMO in clinician recruitment
* Assist the Lead Clinician with clinical policies, protocols, and electronic reporting of screening solution
* Work with external specialists e.g. Cardiologists where appropriate
* Assist the Lead Clinician with first level appeal process, and manage appeals within the agreed service standards.
* Input to the clinical complaints investigation and reporting
* Assist in providing audit and KPI information for customer
* Maintain GMC registration, license to practice accreditation and skill mix
* Assist the Lead Clinician with clinical leadership and implementation of Customer Common Assurance Framework Audit at the AC
* Occasional weekend work may be required
* Liaise with Military Staff who conduct the non-medical aspects of selection process as to whether candidate is fit to carry out these tests.
* Maybe required to attend team leader meetings on behalf of the Lead Clinician.
Key Performance Objectives
* Meeting required clinical output in terms of face to face medical examinations, document screening and appeals
* Training development and coaching of sessional clinicians to meet business coverage and productivity targets
* Clinical governance to meet Capita standards
* Lead Clinician AC (P)
* DCMO/ CMO RPP contract
* Assessment centre staff including clinical and non-clinical staff
* Sessional clinicians
* A fully qualified Medical Practitioner with licence to practise
* Leadership, managerial and delegation skills
* IT literate and experience with general Microsoft programmes
* Excellent presentational skills
* Excellent organisation skills
* Commercial experience, awareness and innovative thinker
* Being able to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines is essential
* Effective communicator both verbally and written
* Negotiation skills
* Trained appraiser
* Occupational medicine experience
* Experience of current Army medical screening process
Please contact Kristina on 01737 336 397 for more information or email your CV Kristina.Zdinjak@Capita.co.uk.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.