All potential recruits go through a medical screening process at 5 sites nationally.
A Lead Clinician is required at one of the largest Assessment Centres in Pirbright.
The Lead Clinician is responsible for the clinical output of the AC, and supervises and supports a mixed team of permanent and sessional Doctors, along with clinical staff and administrators, whilst taking clinical direction from the Deputy Chief Medical Officer.
This is a full-time post. There is potential to negotiate alternative working practices.
The post-holder will report to:
Deputy CMO Army RPP medical screening solution based at Upavon, Wiltshire.
* Conduct clinical work, including medical assessments (approx 30-50% of time but this may increase when required)
* Management of Clinical staff on the RPP project at the Assessment Centre including but not limited to:
o Recruitment training, audit, documentation review and design. Clinical governance, appraisal, revalidation support, process supervision and change
* Coach clinical staff to meet the productivity, quality and outcome measures to satisfy business objectives
* Identify resource needs and assist DCMO in clinician recruitment and contracting
* Clinical policies, protocols, and electronic reporting of screening solution
* Work with external specialists e.g. Cardiologists where appropriate
* Carry out first level appeal process, and manage appeals within the agreed service standards.
* Clinical complaints
* Deputise for the CMO/DCMO when required at meetings with Army Service Entry Occupational Health.
* Provide audit and KPI information for customer
* Maintain GMC registration, licence to practise accreditation and skill mix
* Assist the DCMO and report to divisional Responsible Officer for clinical governance when required
* Provide clinical leadership and assist in the implementation of Customer Common Assurance Framework Audit at the AC
* Occasional Saturday work may be required
* Involvement in sessional Medical Officer scheduling
Key Performance Objectives
* Training development, coaching and supervision of sessional clinicians to meet business coverage and productivity and quality targets
* Clinical governance to meet Capita standards
* DCMO/CMO Capita RPP
* Assessment Centre staff including clinical and non-clinical staff
* Medical Services Director RPP
* Sessional clinicians
* A fully qualified Medical Practitioner with licence to practise
* Leadership, managerial and delegation skills
* IT literate and experience with general Microsoft programmes
* Excellent presentational skills
* Excellent organisation skills
* Commercial experience, awareness and innovative thinker
* Being able to work effectively and efficiently to tight deadlines is essential
* Effective communicator both verbally and written
* Negotiation skills
Occupational medicine experience
Experience of current Army medical screening process
Please contact Kristina on 01737 336 397 for more information or email your CV Kristina.Zdinjak@Capita.co.uk.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.