This role's direct Line Manager is a Capita RPP Team manager but all matters of Clinical Quality are through the Lead Clinician (PHCR) and then to the Deputy Chief Medical Officer (DCMO).
The available roles are part and full-time (between 30 and 37.5 hours per week), flexible working may be available but must meet the needs of the service and only after satisfactory completion of the training period. The post is based at Upavon, Wiltshire, SN9 6BE. This role would be unsuitable for applicants using Public Transport to travel to work.
Salary based between 30-35K per annum (pro rata depending on working hours), depending on experience.
* Provide pre-entry medical scrutiny of candidates' Primary Health Care Records (PHCR) for the Army as required by contract and in compliance with the standards mandated by the military medical standards as laid down in the Joint Service Publication (JSP 950) as well as single service variance and Capita guidelines.
* To act as a key member to a team of Nurses/Occupational Therapists/ Physiotherapists/ Podiatrist or Paramedic engaged in PHCR scrutiny. With time and experience becoming the Subject Matter Expert for PHCR Scrutiny and to become a Trainer/Mentor for staff who are subsequently engaged.
* To take Clinical Responsibility for the quality of decisions made and to record decisions accurately using the prescribed process.
* Ensure that all relevant documentation is completed correctly for each scrutiny.
* Undertake all clinical activity in a professional manner following the NMC/HCPC Guidelines and Data Protection Act.
* Ensure that the Service Level Agreements are maintained so that all work is carried out and paperwork is completed legibly and returned within the agreed quality and timeframes, where appropriate.
* Assessment and completion of computerised documents
* Completion of Level 1a Appeals against decisions made by Colleagues.
* Comply with Capita Audit and Quality Assurance processes.
* Discussing complicated cases with LC (PHCR)
* Liaising with and providing information for AC Doctors/ Staff when required.
* Complete Referrals to the Lead Clinician / DCMO / CMO / single Service Occupational Physician (sSOP) as appropriate.
* Comply with Capita clinical governance requirements.
* Any other tasks associated with the role.
* Co-operating with and respecting colleagues to create a positive working culture.
* The ability to listen, express and articulate information effectively.
* Contribution to the market standing and purpose of Capita through awareness of Group, Divisional and Business Unit synergies to represent and promote Capita values when engaged on Capita business
* Achieving and optimising results using SMART processes.
* Evidenced experience in multi-disciplinary team working.
* Evidenced experience in audit and appraisal
* Inspiring, supporting and developing others to optimise levels of performance.
* Delivery of business objectives through effective setting of personal and team goals.
Key Skills & Qualifications - Summary:
* Qualified Nurse, Occupational Therapist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist or Paramedic with at least 5 years NMC/HCPC post-registration experience. Current PIN/ unrestricted practice with Governing Body.
* Qualification / Experience in Occupational Health is desirable but is by no means essential.
* Attention to detail.
* Effective written and oral communication skills.
* Excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and prioritise work load.
* Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative as well as part of as a multi-disciplinary team.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and computer literacy.
You will be working as key member of an integrated and experienced mutually supportive Clinical team.
On-site subject matter expert support and guidance will be available at all times.
This role is designed with a view to aiding your appraisal / revalidation cycle.
To apply or find out more information, please contact the perms team on 01737 336 397 or email email@example.com
Team 24 - Apply Online is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.