- Demonstrate appropriate practice and specialist advice in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patients requiring long term ventilation. This includes familiarity with NIV and tracheostomy care, history taking, physical examination and the requesting and analysis of agreed diagnostic procedures/clinical investigations such as O2 and CO2 monitoring and blood gases.
- Be responsible for assessing and recognising emergencies in the Centre. To interpret information and take appropriate action and to lead others to do the same.
- Provide leadership, support and guidance to staff in monitoring the planning delivery and evaluation of individualised care.
- Ensure safe and effective care for complex patients requiring advance clinical skills and responsible for carrying out specialist nursing procedures to area.
- Support and enable patients and carers to make informed decisions relating to their treatment and management.
- Participate in case conferences in relation to the management of patients, ensuring the coordination of ongoing care.
- Be a key member of the multidisciplinary team in supporting patients and their carers during the delivery of bad news such as caring for the terminally ill patients and the event of death.
- Assist the Clinical Centre Manager in developing a culture that is challenging, stimulating, rewarding and supportive.
- Be involved in the development, assessment and implementation of guidelines, protocols and pathways.
- Deputise for the Clinical Centre Manager in their absence when requested.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to develop their career in Respiratory Care. You will be working in a purpose built private setting in Surrey and work in collaboration with one of London's leading Health Trusts.
Post holders must at all times fulfil their responsibilities with regard to the client's Equal Opportunities Policy and equality laws.
Please contact Simon Hillyard 0207 078 7112 for further information.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.