Operating Department Practitioner Scrub Central London, Marylebone Full-Time or Part-Time, Minimum of 2 years' experience, Degree or Diploma in Operating Department Practices or Equivalent.
We're Team24, a healthcare recruitment provider specialising in finding qualified nursing and clinical staff for temporary and permanent work across a range of clients including NHS and private healthcare employers. If you work with us, you'll see patient care is at the heart of Team24's robust recruitment approach and you'll receive a great experience.
Job Description Scrub Operating Department Practitioners, you'll be responsible for preparing and correctly transferring sterile instruments to surgeons during a surgical procedure. During an operation, ODP's also help monitor patients' conditions. Before an operation, ODP's organise sterile drapes and prepare sterile fluids and monitoring machines. When opening packages of instruments, they must make sure sterile instruments do not touch a non-sterile surface. Your chief responsibility is to ensure the surgical field remains as sterile as possible during a procedure
About the clientOur client is a private hospital based in Marylebone, London and is one of the UK's largest private hospitals dedicated to providing the best, personalised healthcare. It's well known for using the most advance technology within the field.
- Providing care for patients within the Operating Department
- Performing Operating Department work in accordance with agreed policy
- Participating as a Scrubbed member of the Theatre team and carrying out safety checks of swabs, instruments and needles, in conjunction with a second nurse and reporting on the same to the surgeon.
- Acting as a circulating member of the Theatre team.
- Assisting with other members of the team in the preparation and cleaning of Theatres
- Assisting in the compilation of the Theatre register.
- Labelling and despatch of laboratory specimens to recovery area.
- Providing assistance to the Anaesthetic and Surgeon as required.
- Checking, witnessing and administering controlled and scheduled drugs.
- Co-operating with appropriate Departmental and Ward staff in sending for patients to the Operating Department.
- Ensuring that appropriate stock levels are maintained in the Operating Department.
- Reporting to Theatre Manager or senior nurse, incidents of accidents, complaints, defects in drugs, supplies or equipment.
What we need from you
- Mandatory training, Intermediate Life Support (ILS) and Moving and Handling
- Online training modules will be advised* Immunisation reports including all EPP bloods
- Excellent patient care
- Degree or Diploma in Operating Department Practices
- Professional registration with the HCPC
- Two clinical references relevant to this clinical setting
If you are passionate about delivering a high standard of patient care and would like to work in a supportive forward-thinking environment, we would like to hear from you if you think you meet the requirements.
What you will receive
- Team24 is a first-tier recruitment provider to the client so you will have access to key shifts
- Regular shifts we are primary supplier
- Excellent rates of pay both (Limited Company and PAYE welcomed)
- Your own dedicated consultant who will manage your registrations through to clearance
- Free mandatory training if required
- Free DBS check
- Free uniform (after completing your first shift with us)
It is the policy of the company that no person acting on our behalf shall discriminate in any situation against another individual or group, directly or indirectly, because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion, belief, sex and sexual orientation. Each individual is assessed on merit alone
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Affinity Workforce.