You should meet the below, however, training will be provided:-
* Valid Electro-technical Certification Scheme (ECS) Card.
* Beneficial: Current Construction Safety Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card at appropriate level of qualification.
* City& Guilds Part 3, ONC, NVQ Level 3 or equivalent preferably in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering essential
* Team player but also confidence to lead or advise other staff
* Experience in a Maintenance Environment post apprenticeship or qualification gained. Experience in working under own initiative is required.
* Willingness to act as AP and RP Medgas as required is essential.
* Time served apprenticeship in a Mechanical or Electrical biased discipline essential
* Fire safety or Fire Risk Assessment training. Willingness to be trained/assigned as Fire Officer.
* Understanding of Quality Management, customer satisfaction and the continuous improvement process is desirable.
* Dual or multi-skilled engineering competencies is preferable.
* Comprehensive understanding of Health and Safety guidelines, statutes and ACOPs.
* Understanding of L8 Legionella ACOP within Hospital buildings
* Excellent written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
* Demonstrated high level of organisation & time management skills, particularly in an environment with multiple, and sometimes conflicting priorities
* Sound fault finding techniques and ability to read drawings.
Duties of this role include:
* To ensure the prompt completion of all work orders for Planned maintenance, Reactive response, Specialist sub-contract work orders and remedial work orders.
* To provide Routine and Specialised Engineering Maintenance and breakdown support to a specific hospital site.
* Provide competent Technical, Health, Safety and Environmental support & assistance as required and act as an exemplar of company policies and procedures.
* Provide training, mentoring and hands-on assistance to any additional Site based Technicians or Engineering Assistants.
* Provide Engineering support and advice to the Local Hospital managers as required.
* Demonstrate a can-do culture based on exemplary engineering standards in an environment of open and honest integrity.
* To help build and Develop a strong team ethos.
* Work at the three Hospital locations within the cluster to cover for engineering absence or to supplement labour, attend meetings, or to provide specialist advice or service to site, e.g. AP duties, Mechanical, Electrical or Air Con duties to ensure continued effective operational coverage.
* To help develop a can-do responsive engineering team culture to ensure reactive calls issued are attended to within Service Level Agreement (SLA) and managed effectively to reduce repeat failures.
* Ensure all remedial tasks from PPM's or Statutory Insurance Inspections are identified, recorded and completed to time, ensure effective statutory assurance and that full records are maintained on site.
* Ensure all assets, reactive and planned activity is comprehensively recorded in the hospitals asset management system (Pirana) in a timely manner.
Please contact Kristina on 01737 336 397 for more information or email your CV to Kristina.Zdinjak@Capita.co.uk.
Any application to this advert is to a job posted by Team24 part of Capita plc.